Norwood Parade Auto Spares
54 the Parade, Norwood, Adelaide,
South Australia 5067
Ph 08 83634183 or 8332 8011 open 7 days www.derek.com.au
Home Page www.derek.com.au
MON TO FRI 9.00am - 5.30pm
THU 9.00am - 5.30pm
SAT 9.00am - 3.00pm
SUN 10.00am - 3.00pm
PUBLIC HOLIDAYS 10.00am - 3.00pm
Prestone Radiator Products
HEAVY DUTY STOP LEAK
Seals radiators, Heater cores, gaskets and hose connections in cars, trucks and tractors fast! Specially formulated to be effective in all cooling systems
1) Remove radiator cap when engine is cool, be sure radiator is
nearly full. Then pour contents into radiator. Replace radiator
2) Run engine at idle, with heater "on", until leak stops.
3) With engine off and cool remove radiator cap and check fluid level. Add solution of 50-70% Prestone Advanced Formula Antifreeze/Coolant if needed. Replace radiator cap.
Leaks in cooling systems are often a result of coolant neglect. Heavy Duty Stop Leak is formulated with organic fibers to work on cooling systems found in cars, trucks and tractors. Its blend of dry sealing particles quickly seals leaks from openings as large as 0.012 X 0.5.
A professional do-it-yourself tester that easily tests for anti-freeze/anti-boil protection. Allows visual inspection for rust and sediment.
1) Test when engine is cool.
2) Draw up fluid, inspect. If rusty or dirty, drain, flush and refill cooling system.
3) Pointer must be totally immersed. Fluid should be level with horizontal line at top of tester. Tap to dislodge air bubbles. Pointer shows degree of protection.
It is important to maintain your antifreeze/coolant at the proper concentration to provide good corrosion protection as well as prevent freeze-ups and boil overs. This tester provides a quick and easy method to safely collect a sample and measure coolant concentration. It also allows a visual inspection of the antifreeze while you test it. This is a low cost way to check the condition of the antifreeze/coolant in your vehicle when you need to.
Flush N Fill Kit $18.95
Professionally backflushes cooling systems of most cars and light trucks on the road today. Easily installs antifreeze/coolant in minutes.
1) Make sure engine is cool, then loosen radiator cap to release any pressure and re-tighten cap. If radiator has no cap, loosen and re-tighten the pressure cap on the expansion tank, if so equipped. If it has a conventional recovery system (a non-pressurized plastic bottle) and no radiator cap accessibility, vent and reseal the system via the cap covering the thermostat.
2) Two heater hoses extend from the fire wall to the engine, in both front and rear wheel drive vehicles. Hose #1 runs from fire wall to water pump. Hose #2 runs from fire wall to top of engine. This is the heater inlet hose. Ask a qualified mechanic if uncertain.
3) TEE should be installed in a relatively straight section of the inlet hose, away from hot exhaust system. Cut heater inlet hose; install TEE that provides snug fit in heater inlet hose. Remaining TEES should be discarded. Check for leaks after installation.
4) Tighten hose clamps with screwdriver. Do not over tighten.
1) Make sure engine is cool, remove radiator cap and Flushing TEE Cap. Attach Back-Flow Preventer Coupler to Flushing TEE and water supply line (black end to tee, Yellow end to garden hose). If vehicle has no cap on the radiator, it is possible to back flush by disconnecting the upper radiator hose at the radiator.
2) When appropriate, snap Splash Tube into radiator neck and open radiator drain. Turn on water to garden hose. Check to see that liquid is emerging from the Deflector Tube or radiator hose fitting before proceeding.
3) Shut off engine, then turn off water. Remove splash tube, hose, and coupler. After draining the radiator, close radiator drain. If engine has a coolant recovery system, flush out coolant reservoir and fill to proper level with 50% Prestone Antifreeze/Coolant.
Caution: Do not leave hose and coupler connected to TEE while using a cooling system cleaner
1) Determine how much Prestone® Antifreeze/Coolant to install to achieve a minimum 50%, maximum 70% solution for year round protection.
2) With cap off TEE, pour the full amount of Antifreeze/Coolant into radiator, expansion tank, or thermostat housing opening. Water and slight amount of diluted Antifreeze/Coolant will be displaced from flushing TEE.
3) After adding antifreeze/coolant, quickly replace Flushing TEE Cap. Make sure gasket is in place. Tighten securely by hand. Replace radiator cap.
4) Run engine for 10 minutes after reaching normal operating temperatures, then shut engine off and allow to cool. Add more Antifreeze/Coolant to properly fill the system. Replace cap tightly
Rust and dirty coolant that circulates in your cars cooling system can lead to a clogged radiator, resulting in overheating and engine damage.
Draining the radiator alone does not sufficiently remove old coolant, as the radiator may contain 40% or less of the coolant.
The Prestone® Flush N Fill Kit allows you to professionally flush the COMPLETE COOLING SYSTEM, not just the radiator, in one easy process.
4WD COVERS AH GO GAH HORN AIR FILTERS AIR HORNS ARMREST ASHTRAYS AUTO ACCESSORIES AUTO DRY WASH CLOTHS BABY BOLTS BACK SUPPORTS BADGES BATTERY CHARGERS BATTERY ISOLATOR SWITCH BLIND SPOT MIRRORS BOAT POLISH BOAT WASH BOAT WAX BODY FILLERS BOG BRAKE LIGHT REPAIR KIT BRAKE SHOES BUG SCREENS BULBS BUMPER SPRAY CABLE TIES CAR BATTERIES CAR COVER CAR MATS CAR STANDS CARAVAN COVERS CENTRE CONSOLES CHARGE AND MAINTAIN CHEMICALS CHEMIWELD COMPRESSION TESTER COOLANTS COOLING FANS CUT AND SHAPE MIRROR D SHACKLES DEGREASERS DISC PADS DISC PADS DOOR EDGE PROTECTORS DRI-LUBE DRIVE BELTS DRIVE SHAFTS DRIVING LIGHTS ELECTRIC WATER PUMPS ELECTRICAL TAPE ELECTRONIC IGNITION ENGINE PUMPS EXHAUST CLAMPS FAN BELTS FIBERGLASS FISHING ROD HOLDERS FOOT PUMPS FUEL CANS FUEL FILTERS FUEL HOSE GASKETS GLOSS BLACK GOGGLES H4 LIGHTS H7 LAMPS HAND PUMPS HEATER HOSES HELLA LAMPS HOSE CLAMPS HOUSINGS HYDRAULIC JACKS IGNITION COILS IGNITION LEADS INDUSTRIAL BELTS JACKS JOCKEY WHEELS JUMPER LEADS KEY FOBS L PLATES LEAD REPLACEMENT ADDATIVE LED HEADLAMPS LED LIGHTS LED TORCHES LENS REPAIR KITS LENS TINT LITTER BINS MAG WHEEL CLEANERS MASKING TAPE MASKS MATT BLACK MICRO CHAMOIS MICRO FIBRE CLOTHS MIRRORS MOTHER'S WAX ATTACK POLISHER MOTHERS WAX ATTACK POLISHER MOTOR BIKE STRAPS MUSICAL AIR HORN NAVIGATION LIGHTS NECK SUPPORTS NOLTEC SOFTRIDE URETHANE BUSHES OCCY STRAPS OIL CAPS OIL FILTERS P PLATES PAINT PAINT PETROL CAPS PHILLIPS LAMPS PLASTIC CHAMOIS PLASTIC DYE PLUGS POLISHES POLSHING CLOTHS PROJECTA RACK ENDS RADIATOR CAPS RADIATOR HOSES RECOVERY STRAPS RED BACK SPIDER GEAR KNOBS ROK STRAPS ROOF BARS ROOF BASKETS ROOF RACKS SEAT BELTS SEAT COVERS SLICK50 SLICK 50 SNATCH STRAPS SOLAR PANELS SPANNERS SPARE WHEEL COVERS STAINLESS STEEL BOLTS STEERING WHEEL COVERS SURGE GUARDS SWITCHES SYNTHETIC CHAMOIS SYNTHETIC OILS THERMOSTATS THINNERS TIE ROD ENDS TIMING BELTS TIMING LIGHTS TOOLS TOOLS TOP COAT CLEAR TOW HOOKS TOW ROPES TRAILER CABLE TRAILER LAMPS TRIPLE AIR HORNS TROLLEY JACKS TRUCK HOSES TRUCK WASH TUBE PATCHES TUBELESS TYRE REPAIR KITS TRUCK JUMPER LEADS TWIN AIR HORNS TYRE SPRAY TYRE VALVES UNIVERSAL JOINTS UTE HOOKS VACUMN TESTER WALL PROTECTORS WASHER MOTORS WATER HOSE WATER PUMPS WATERPROOF TRAILER LAMPS WHEEL BRACES WHEEL CHOCKS WHEEL CYLINDERS WINDOW SHADES WINDOW SOX WINDSCREEN WIPERS WIPER ARMS WIPER BLADES WIPER JETS WIPER MOTORS WIPER REFILLS